Friday, September 16, 2011

Metropolitan Museum

Like many, I've been to the Metropolitan Museum of Art many times.  But did you know the Metropolitan Museum (located 1000 Fifth Avenue) has a ROOF you can go on?  I didn't.  I've been going there countless times and NEVER have I gone up to the roof and seen the beautiful view.  Anyhow, as you may guess by now, I was ON THE ROOF AT THE MET!  I mean...I was looking at Andean Tunics too, which were gorgeous, I recommend checking them out, but I really want to highlight the roof (one track mind)


A beautiful view on top of the park!


But as my professor pointed out, the art wasn't limited to the metal sculptures.  The way the sculptures created curves and lines was art in and of itself and in addition...



.....the shadows were art!  And by standing among the statues, extending the shadow, we could become the art as well!


We were all trying it out....


Little did these people know the REAL art was right under their feet ;]



For more information about the Metropolitan Museum, visit http://www.metmuseum.org/