Friday, December 2, 2011

The New Museum

If you want a museum with a wide variety of statues and paintings, traditional in nature, the New Museum is NOT for you.  But, if you want a museum that requires your participation to enjoy the work.....The New Museum ($12 for students, $16 general) is WELL worth it.  I repeat...WELL. WORTH. IT.

Where else can you....
ride a carousel?


slide down 3 floors of a museum?


float in a tank that simulates the dead sea?


believe me.  It's unREAL! Never have I ever been in a museum that gave me this much excitement!
my friends and I went on the carousel....

but I was too much of a weinie to go on the slide!  They ended up going though....so cool and tough with their helmets! ;]


Other notable parts of the museum:

sit in with your head in a fish tank!

take some pills! (not recommended....I recommend putting your hands in them and playing with them though.)


entering a room with a strobe light and observing the...animals.

walk among mushrooms!


It's not a HUGE selection, but prepare to spend a lot of time trying out the activities.  To go on the carousel, slide and tank, you'll need to sign a waiver.  Do it.  Really. Do it.

for more information visit http://www.newmuseum.org/