Friday, November 11, 2011

Museum of Modern Art

There are many things to love about the MomA.  For one, with a NYC student ID, you can get in for free.  For another, there is a LOT of really really beautiful art by a wide variety of artists.

When I first got to the Moma, I visited the "Sum of Days", a beautiful installation where white fabric hang from a high ceiling.  Walking through it is truly an experience.



Another great part:de Kooning.  The museum has 200 works, all extremely interesting and beautiful



And, to my surprise, during my trip, I've saw multiple famous paintings I've always loved:


When I saw the Monet, I just about died of happiness!  I didn't have to go to Paris to experience this beautiful artwork...it was here all along!

For more information, visit http://www.moma.org/